Vampire: The Requiem, New Orleans
A journal of four individuals' mis-adventures in New Orleans
and how their lives became forever entangled one regretful night.




Friday, February 6, 2009

Time Marches On



The pain is overwhelming, yet it doesn't exist at all. As if I float on a plane of darkness,wedged tightly between the world of here and nowhere. I try to focus, try so hard to focus, but my uncooperative body swims in pain. It's as if every vein and artery have been flayed open by scalpels – done by the hand of a most practiced physician. Every incision screams as if doused with salt and alcohol time and time again. There is no relief.

I wonder dully if this is Hell.

To add to my misery, my subconscious seems to pick up bits and pieces of words, spoken or otherwise, and twists them into nightmares. I pick out "torpor", "cleansing", "Italian", "ritual" and "sorcery", and my mind weaves them together in a torment of lurid, frightful imagery that I cannot escape from. The dreams are on a continuous loop and I cannot shut the machine off.

If only I could scream.

No comments: