Vampire: The Requiem, New Orleans
A journal of four individuals' mis-adventures in New Orleans
and how their lives became forever entangled one regretful night.




Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Louis Maddox Project Extended by Popular Demand






Oooh... don't give me this false modesty crap! You "are" aware you've made an amazing impression on Pearl. You are most definitely aware of the power you have, the talent she desperately hopes to harness and the cards you hold.

So don't try to play me. I'm on to you V-boy. If I had half a brain, I'd be polluting Pearl's with the "real" truth about you. But no. Instead, unbelievably, I'm back here wasting my time, trying to orchestrate peace talks between two world powers who are childishly arguing over who insulted the ghoul-slave first. As if anybody really cares! WTF. You know this is just a big power trip between the two of you...

If I still had the sense the good Lord gave me, I'd tell Her Excellency that you never wrote me back. But there's still a small, soft spot for you in my dead, rotten heart. So here's what I'll do. I'm going to tell her you'll approach her at the Elysium. You won't apologize, but you'll mention how unfortunate it was Darius got the wrong impression regarding your conversation the other night. And you'll suggest everyone take a deep breath and start over again. Bring her a rose. Be a gentleman. You're a Ventrue, you should be able to figure out how to do that.

I'll work on her from this side. But the charm will have to come from you at the Elysium. Got it? If you blow it, you're on your own from now on, Big Boy. So don't blow it. We are going to have a blast together, and there is so much potential for us to become outrageously rich, and disgustingly powerful. I, for one, am not turning my back on this opportunity.

So, I'll see you Sunday. Wear something exquisite. It occurs to me that if she's not into you as the son she never had, she might just be into you. She is a Daeva, after all.

No comments: