Vampire: The Requiem, New Orleans
A journal of four individuals' mis-adventures in New Orleans
and how their lives became forever entangled one regretful night.




Monday, January 12, 2009

Miss Adler's Men


As you know, I come from a very prominent and wealthy New Orleans family. Everyone knows the Adlers. It has always been the same. Some people call me a southern belle; I like to just think of myself as a lady. However, I recently turned 18, and I wanted a change. I wanted some excitement. I wanted to find love. I was tired of the same daily routine and the same rich young gentlemen pining after me. So I finally got Mommy and Daddy to allow me to go to Mardi Gras!

The largest party in Louisiana! Where else would I find the excitement that I was longing for! It was wonderful! More than what I ever expected. Then…I saw him. I was at a jazz club. He was everything I had ever desired. He was handsome, older than I, and he acted like a true gentleman. His name was Mr. John Harley Matheson. My radar was definitely off that evening. The next thing I knew, he was telling me that he loved me and biting me! When I woke up, he was gone and I was changed forever.




Though I was turned into a vampire, it didn’t matter. I was in love and he loved me! I went searching for him. Through my search I found that he had been a vampire since the Civil War and lived on a plantation outside of town. He did not get along with the current Prince and was not allowed in the city. After finally finding him, he drank me almost completely dry, and asked me to leave. He turned out to be no gentleman at all.

After becoming heart broken and alone, I was able to realize that I must have been under some magic charm of his. He had fell in love with me, like most men do, and put some spell on me so that I too would fall in love with him. Low and behold, only days later, I finally met the one I was looking for. Prince Vidal.



He is the most loyal, regal, sophisticated man I know. He is also a true gentleman to boot. We have the same religious beliefs and standards. Since he is the Prince, it is hard for him to proclaim his love to the world, as I have. However, what happens behind closed doors has been very exciting! I think he is just waiting for the right time.

Though I now know where my heart is, I still have concerns. After meeting the Sheriff of New Orleans, I am pretty sure he is also infatuated with me. He is very good looking, but nothing compared to Vidal. He is also completely full of himself. I am also pretty sure that Mr. Matheson is also still watching me from time to time. Since he is not allowed in the city, he can’t just come and grab me, but I am worried that he might try.

Though I have concerns, I know Vidal will protect me. I have joined his covenant Lancea Sanctum and have become a serious follower. I will do everything I can to show Vidal how I feel about the unlife, God, and him. Those three things are now what I am focused on. I always get what I want and will find my place among royalty. Vidal will see to it that I get there and for that I will follow him wherever he goes.

XOXO,



No comments: